If you are trying to sign in to Duo, but the options to choose "Send me a Push," "Call Me," or "Enter a Passcode" are grayed out (you can't click on them), this is because your settings are set to either automatically send you a push or automatically give you a call. To know which one, direct your attention to the blue banner at the bottom of the page.
If the blue banner says that a push was sent:
- Make sure that you have the device you normally get pushes on (smartphone, tablet, or iPod Touch).
- If you do have your device, open the mobile app and push "accept"
- Note: It may be the case that you do have their device, but the push isn't coming through. If this is the case, make sure that you have the app Duo Mobile installed.
- If you don't have Duo Mobile installed, push "Cancel" in the blue banner. Then, select "Call me" or "Enter a passcode" instead. Later, follow the steps to reactivate Duo Mobile (KB0028803).
- Note: If the device you've registered is a tablet or an iPod, the option "Call me" will not show up, and the option "Enter a passcode" will not work (since Duo Mobile isn't working). Try using a different device, instead.
- If they do have Duo Mobile installed, this is likely caused by poor cell service/wifi. Push "Cancel" in the blue banner. Then, select "Enter a passcode" instead ("Call Me" probably won't work, since you have poor cell service).
- Open Duo Mobile (on your phone)
- Click on the key icon next to "Brigham Young University" (on your phone)
- Type the 6-digit code they see into the passcode box
- Push Enter or click "Sign in"
- If you don't have your device, Push "Cancel" in the blue banner, and follow the instructions below.
If the blue banner says that a call was made:
- Make sure that you have the device that you normally get calls on
- If you do, Answer the phone and push any button
- If you don't, Push "Cancel" in the blue banner, and follow the instructions below.
After you push "Cancel":
- What options do you see on the sign-in screen?
- If "Call me" and "Enter a bypass code" (landline), proceed to step 2
- If "Call me" and "Enter a passcode" (dumb phone):
- Do you have 10 codes saved in a secure location? Can you access them right now?
- If you can, push "Enter a passcode" and type in the next code on the list
- Note: The blue banner will tell youwhich passcode you should enter by saying, "Your next code starts with __."
- If you can't, remember that it's important to have 10 codes stored in a safe place, in case of situations like this
- If you have your phone now, or can access it later (left at home/in the office, but not lost):
- Push "Enter a passcode"
- Push "Text me new codes" in the blue banner at the bottom
- You will get a text message with 10 codes, that you should write down on a piece of paper and store in a safe place, such as a wallet. You can use these codes whenever you need to by typing them into the "Enter a passcode" box. Each code can only be used once. Once all 10 have been used, 10 more will be automatically texted to you.
- If you have your phone now, and enough service to get a text message:
- Wait until the text message comes though, then enter the first code into the "Enter a Passcode" box (push "Enter a passcode," then type the first code into the box)
- If you don't have you phone with you, or if you can't get the text message:
- Proceed to step 2
- If "Send me a push" and "Enter a passcode" (tablet or iPod):
- If you have your device, and Duo Mobile is installed:
- Click "Enter a passcode"
- Open Duo Mobile
- Push the key icon next to "Brigham Young University"
- Enter the 6-digit passcode into the box and push Enter
- If you have your device, but Duo Mobile is not installed:
- Proceed to step 2
- Later, follow the steps to reactivate Duo Mobile (KB0028803)
- Do you have any other devices registered with Duo?
- If you do, you should be able to change devices using the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Change devices, then select "Send me a push," "Call me," or "Enter a passcode"
- Note: Depending on what type of device you've registered, not all of these options will be available to each user.
- If you don't, you will need to see your Duo access coordinator in person to get a bypass code (KB0028964). Use this list to find your access coordinator.
If your Duo Access Coordinator is unavailable, you can go to the ID Center (1057 WSC) with your photo ID.
Can't Log in to Duo (KB0028917)
Remember Me Option Unavailable (KB0028843)