Troubleshooting steps regarding both internet and television access problems affecting residents in on-campus housing.
Note: These steps are for housing only. For on-campus troubleshooting help see KB0023563.
Determine if the issue is with the BYU network or with the individual router:
- Use a PC, Laptop, Mac or similar network device and connect directly from the device to the network jack in the wall.
- If no problems occur when directly connected to the jack, the problem is likely with the router. Please follow the personal router troubleshooting steps in KB0027985.
- If this does not work, try a different Ethernet cord with the jack to rule out any technical problems with the cord.
- If the problem persists when connected directly to the jack, please contact the Operations and Support Center (801-422-4000) so they can troubleshoot the connection further.
- A router/modem will cause intermittent issues with internet connectivity with the user and other users. If you have a modem/router then you should get a dedicated router.
- Dedicated routers will have a port on them that specifically says "Internet" while modem/router's only have LAN ports.
NOTE: Campus Television is not currently available on iOS & Android devices. Only on Windows and Mac OSX.